Western Downs Regional Council - Energy Capital of QueenslandTM
The Western Downs region is alive with growth.
The Western Downs region is the epicentre of activity in the resource rich Surat Basin, contributing to the long term supply of "energy" to the Australian economy in terms of food security, renewable and fossil fuel resources.
The Warrego Highway and Western Rail Line are the main east-west transport links through the region while the Leichhardt Highway is the major north-south link. Strong communities, enhanced transport accessibility (road, air and rail), increased employment opportunity and quality health and education services have ensured an enviable lifestyle for local residents.
Before you expand your business to the Energy Capital of QueenslandTM , visit www.advancewesterndowns.com.au or contact Western Downs Regional Council's Economic Development Unit for assistance with:
- understanding regional trends and business growth opportunities,
- accessing Council and the major projects supply chain opportunities,
- connection to local business events,
- informing your investment decision making process,
- raising your business profile in the region, and
- introduction of new products and services.