GPS Coordinates: 26.35oS; 150.04oE
Guluguba is a small settlement south of Wandoan on the Leichhardt Highway and home to just over 40 farming families. Guluguba came into being with the coming of the railway, with the branch line from Miles to Juandah (now called Wandoan) being opened on 16 December, 1914. The Guluguba and Downfall Creek area was originally known as a mixed cropping area, however, in later years the area reverted to beef cattle and grain production which continues today. Guluguba is currently witnessing increased resource sector activity with the Woori Coal Project of Cockatoo Coal PTY having actively explored and studied a 900 hectare sample of land near the town since 2008.
The town's name is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning ‘squatter pigeon', a species which is currently listed as endangered. The squatter pigeon appears on the emblem of the quaint Guluguba State School which continues to operate and will celebrate 100 years in 2017.